By Ray D. Perry, Wisconsin SAF Forester’s Fund Chair –
Wisconsin SAF submitted these three projects in June for Forester’s Fund grants:
- Wisconsin Forestry Hall of Fame Display Panels – a regular grant in the amount of $900.00
- Aldo Leopold Memorial Site Interpretive Signage – a regular grant in the amount of $1,500.00
- SAF Wisconsin State Chapter Website Redesign – a special grant in the amount of $3,600.00
The first two of these three applications were approved. Although the Website redesign did not receive national grant funding, the state executive committee decided to move ahead with the project using funds from our state budget.
The state executive committee decided to donate a fishing rod and reel from St. Croix to the Forester’s Fund raffle at the national convention this year. Gary VanderWyst offered to pick this up. In addition Julie Peltier offered to check with the Aldo Leopold Foundation to see if they would be willing to donate a book or two for the raffle. If any of the local chapters have anything that they would like to donate, please get it to Julie Peltier. She is driving down to the national convention and has offered to transport any reasonably sized donations to the raffle.
Remember that the ongoing grant application deadlines are:
- Regular (up to $1,500.00) Forester’s Fund Grant Applications: February 15, June 15, and September 15
- Special ($1,500.00 to $5,000.00) Forester’s Fund Grant Applications: June 15