The results of the survey that went out to our members concerning chapter reconfiguration and leadership issues is available for your review here. At present, no action has been taken by the WI SAF executive committee. The WI SAF executive committee would like to thank all of you for your time and the comments which have prompted much discussion. We are listening to you. Coming in late summer or fall, a SAF Leadership workshop will be offered to members. Look for future announcements.
The whitepaper report and survey has generated interest at the national level as we are all facing similar membership issues. WI SAF is looking for ways to improve our organization. Membership is changing and we must adapt.
Again, your input is appreciated. If you would like to comment further please email me. Your response will be kept anonymous.
WI SAF – Chair
PDF version: WISAF Chapter Configuration Survey.
The Survey Questions:
1) Have you previously served in a WI SAF officer level position (chapter of state executive committee)?
2) Why did you serve in a WI SAF officer level position? Select all that apply.
3) Chapter officers usually spend 60 to 100 hours (=/-) per year conducting their leadership duties. Knowing the time commitment, would you be willing to be a Chapter officer in the near future, and, if so, in what Chapter?
4) Are you interested in WI SAF leadership training?
5) Which of the following do you consider as impediments to serving in a WI SAF leadership/officer role? Select all that apply.
7) Which SAF chapter configuration do you perceive as optimal for WI SAF? Select the best answer.
9) If you prefer to decrease the number of WI SAF chapters, which configuration would you prefer?
10) How should a decision be reached on any alteration to WI SAF state chapter configuration? Select the best answer.